Most offices don't have a million dollar view - especially if you're not the boss. But there is a way for you to create a view that you can enjoy. We recommend one of two things: put that expensive color printer to use and print a beautiful scene and secure it to the wall above your desk (don't damage the wall!). Or you can download a beautiful scene that you can make your computer desktop image and/or screensaver. Enhance this experience by also playing some soothing summertime sounds, atmospheric noises, or summertime music - cue steel drums and ocean waves! We recommend headphones so you don't upset your co-workers - those summer hating brown-nosers.
Work BBQ Pool Party
I don't know about you but the last thing I want to do is hang with my co-workers at a party outside of work... and if a pool is mentioned I will dive behind my desk. But then you hear that the party is on a Friday afternoon, during work hours, and you're expected to be there. Crap. Well here are some tips: Volunteer to bartend or serve food to avoid participating in games or pool related happenings. This may also keep any mingling to a minimum as you wave people through the food line, "Keep it moving, people!" The more responsibilities you have the less likely you'll be expected to don your bathing suit and play Marco Polo.
Desk ExercisesFitbit would say, sedentary. Being sedentary is basically the beach bod killer. So how are you going to stay fit and healthy when everyone else (it's obvious by their Instagram feed) is sipping margaritas and working on their tan at the beach? Here are some simple tips and exercises you can do at work:
- Sit at your desk properly
- Adjust your monitor
- Magic Carpet Ride
- Wooden Leg
- Take the Stairs (two at a time!)
- Get up and Walk (when you need to share information with co-workers)
For details on these exercises and others check out this Forbes article.
Summer Olympics Office Challenge
- Office Chair Relay - create a course for people to race their office chairs
- Paper Wad Basket - each person has 10 wads of paper and the team that makes the most in the basket wins
- Finger Skating - You can use a site like Typing Test to see who can type the fastest and most accurate *Great for remote workers or workers who can't participate in the more physically demanding competitions
- Steady Hand Race - as fast as you can, make your way up two flights of stares carrying a mug of water without spilling
- Chili Cook-off / Closing Ceremonies - who can make the best chili? Have a third-party judge - winner's team gets points.
Where to Watch Office Ninja:
Amazon DVD/Blu-ray -http://amzn.com/B01BPD8JLW
Amazon Streaming - http://amzn.com/B00TF8PJEA/
Vimeo - https://vimeo.com/ondemand/45617
Follow on Twitter - https://twitter.com/officeninjafilm
Follow on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/officeninjafilm/